Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Link from the rabbit hole.

Not sure now who pointed me to this video.........it was likely in someone's friday links????  The memory gets fuzzy when I fall down the rabbit hole........ 

I think I want to make this beet cake.  I'm not a cake baker because I haven't figured out how to adjust for high altitude.  Oh, and the little detail that my hubster and I would weigh 500 lbs EACH.   Something tells me this might be a cake worth trying to make the adjustment for high altitude.    Or maybe that is just my craving for it at this moment.

I can say it is worth it to spend two minutes watching this painterly video of making this cake.  

Creative blessings and happy watching.

3 comments:

  1. That is one of the most sensual videos I've seen in a while--it is so beautiful! It makes me want to try it, too. I wonder what kind of flavor the beets add to it--I mean, I wonder if you really taste them? (I was thinking it's looks like a red velvet cake, but without all the food dye.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminded me of a classic painting by say Renoir or Monet- something you want to just sit in front of and stare at for a while because it makes you feel sensual and good.

    I bet the beats add a lot of moisture to the cake. And beats are sweet - but I wonder too what taste they add to the cake. I may just have to buy beats this week and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baked the cake this weekend. It's lovely--dense and chocolatey. The cake tastes earthy, but not the lick-the-cellar-floor kind of beet-earthy. Definitely worth making!

    ReplyDelete